ICP board

Frank

Re: ICP board

Post by Frank »

sebotron wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:51 pm I'm specifically looking for the pinout of the output port so I can add a programming port to my pcb.
Yeah, I need to make one. Looking at the board with the 3-pin header to the right (like in the photo on the website) top pin is SCL, middle pin is ground and lower pin is SDA. Jumpers enable the pull up resistor when in place or remove if you have pull ups on your board.

Pin spacing is 0.1" part is TE Electronics 640453-3
sebotron

Post by sebotron »

Yeah, I need to make one. Looking at the board with the 3-pin header to the right (like in the photo on the website) top pin is SCL, middle pin is ground and lower pin is SDA. Jumpers enable the pull up resistor when in place or remove if you have pull ups on your board.

Pin spacing is 0.1" part is TE Electronics 640453-3
Cool! Thank you!
sebotron

Post by sebotron »

middle pin is ground
Quick question, should the middle pin be connected to the ground pins of the FXCore or to its RST pin? My understanding is that the chip has to be powered on its own, ie the ICP board does not provide power so I'm assuming that the middle pin serves to pull down RST during programming in the same fashion as the FT260's RESETN pin on the dev board. Just want to make sure!

Thank you!
Frank

Post by Frank »

sebotron wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 pm Quick question, should the middle pin be connected to the ground pins of the FXCore or to its RST pin?
Ground on your PCB which should be same as FXCore ground.
sebotron wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:31 pm My understanding is that the chip has to be powered on its own, ie the ICP board does not provide power so I'm assuming that the middle pin serves to pull down RST during programming in the same fashion as the FT260's RESETN pin on the dev board. Just want to make sure!
ICP does not supply power, it is strictly for talking to FXCore.

It does not reset the FXCore, ground is strictly a reference for the signals.

The FT260 RESETN does not reset the FXCore, it is just using the same reset signal as FXCore. It is an input to the FT260.

FXCore is not reset (externally) for programming. When FXCore sees the command sequence to enter programming mode it stops executing and waits on programming instructions, once all the programming is done and it sees the exit command it does a "soft" internal reset. Basically is acts like a program change so it clears delay RAM, loads the program to execute, etc.
sebotron

Post by sebotron »

ICP does not supply power, it is strictly for talking to FXCore.

It does not reset the FXCore, ground is strictly a reference for the signals.

The FT260 RESETN does not reset the FXCore, it is just using the same reset signal as FXCore. It is an input to the FT260.

FXCore is not reset (externally) for programming. When FXCore sees the command sequence to enter programming mode it stops executing and waits on programming instructions, once all the programming is done and it sees the exit command it does a "soft" internal reset. Basically is acts like a program change so it clears delay RAM, loads the program to execute, etc.
Gotcha! Thanks for the clarifications!