Remote toggle switch

Frank

Remote toggle switch

Post by Frank »

A few keyboard users have asked if they can make a remote toggle switch to use with the pedal. Yes you can and it is rather simple:

1. A double-pole/double-throw (DPDT) center off toggle switch. I used a Radio Shack 275-0653 heavy duty toggle switch here. $4.49 at the local one.
2. Panel mount 1/4" TRS jack, I used a Radio Shack 274-0312 one here. Comes as a 2 pack. $4.49 at the local one.
3. A small project box. I used one I had around, it is about 5" x 3" x 2"
4. Solder (lead based works better on the TRS jack from Radio Shack), soldering iron and drill.

CAUTION: If you are not experienced with using a drill to drill the holes in a metal box then get some one that is to do it for you. The drill can grab the box and spin it around like a propeller. This can cause damage or even cut off fingers, don't risk it!!

Drill a hole in the top and side of the box for the switch and jack. Mount the jack and switch then wire them as shown in this picture:
The black wire is from the shield of the TRS and goes to the center terminal of both poles. There is a jumper between the 2 poles (center lugs) in the image but it may not show well in the picture.
The red wire goes to the ring of the TRS and to the 2 outter lugs of one pole.
The green wire goes to the tip of the TRS and connects to the lug closest to the TRS on the other pole.

Close up the box, plug in a 1/4" TRS cable to the box and the footswitch jack on the rear of the SpinCycle and test it out.
WandaB

Re: Remote toggle switch

Post by WandaB »

Thanks! Was wondering if it was compatible with any of the switches and this is a lot cheaper to make than to purchase.