Windows notepad++ crash Run FXCore 0x30

HKWijhe

Windows notepad++ crash Run FXCore 0x30

Post by HKWijhe »

Sometimes I get this IOException (Paremeter not right) crash when I try to run code on the fxcore (in memory)

==============================
Checksum 0X06C4

Writing program to board

Sending program download command to the dev board, 0X08A3

Sending program to the dev board

Number of bytes including checksum: 658

Checksum 0X66E6

Onverwerkte uitzondering: System.IO.IOException: Operation failed early: De parameter is onjuist ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: De parameter is onjuist
--- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---
bij HidSharp.Platform.Windows.NativeMethods.OverlappedOperation(IntPtr ioHandle, IntPtr eventHandle, Int32 eventTimeout, IntPtr closeEventHandle, Boolean overlapResult, NativeOverlapped* overlapped, UInt32& bytesTransferred)
bij HidSharp.Platform.Windows.WinHidStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
bij HidSharp.HidStream.Write(Byte[] buffer)
bij FXCoreAsm.FT260_wrap.FT260_HID_I2C_Write(HidStream devstream, Byte i2caddr, FT260_I2C_FLAG flag, Byte[]& data, UInt32 bytestowrite, UInt32& byteswritten)
bij FXCoreCmdAsm.Program.FT260_HID_I2CMaster_Big_Write(HidStream devstream, UInt32 deviceAddress, FT260_I2C_FLAG flag, Byte[]& lpBuffer, UInt32 dwBytesToWrite, UInt32& lpdwBytesWritten)
bij FXCoreCmdAsm.Program.write_fxcore_ram(FXCoreIC& myfxcore, SymbolTable& mytable, Assembler& myasm, Int32 dev_addr, Int32 method, Int32 prg)
bij FXCoreCmdAsm.Program.asm_it()
bij FXCoreCmdAsm.Program.Main(String[] args)

ERROR FAILED
Press any key to continue . . .
=====================================

It looks like a bug to me.
My current work around is to add a dummy line at the end to my code : xor acc32, acc32

Would be nice if it can be fixed.
Frank

Re: Windows notepad++ crash Run FXCore 0x30

Post by Frank »

Looks like something in the HIDSharp library which is an open source library we are using. Will try to get a chance to look into it and see if others that use the library have seen this issue.

Can you email me a copy of the code that will generate this error? I want to see if it will also happen here and allow us to trace the root cause.
HKWijhe

Post by HKWijhe »

OK, yes. I will mail the code showing the issue.
Not urgent since I have a work around in place.
Thanks for your support.
Frank

Post by Frank »

V2.3.0.0 of the assembler posted for all platforms that fixes the issue.