Volume drop

Hobartlnbsf

Volume drop

Post by Hobartlnbsf »

Hello,
I am experiencing unexpected volume drop when using the fxcore board. Even when I disengage the effect using the dip switch, I am getting about a ~6db volume loss. is there an issue with my devboard or is this a common issue I can overcome some way?
if anyone has any ideas please let me know,
Thanks!
Frank

Re: Volume drop

Post by Frank »

I just checked my board on the bench and it is fine, output is same amplitude as input in bypass. I used a signal generator and a scope to look at the signals so not relying on ears.

Could be your signal source, if it is a guitar then you will need to buffer the signal from the guitar. The dev board does not have a buffer on it and as a result it could load down the guitar signal.
Hobartlnbsf

Re: Volume drop

Post by Hobartlnbsf »

Frank wrote: Wed May 03, 2023 9:47 am I just checked my board on the bench and it is fine, output is same amplitude as input in bypass. I used a signal generator and a scope to look at the signals so not relying on ears.

Could be your signal source, if it is a guitar then you will need to buffer the signal from the guitar. The dev board does not have a buffer on it and as a result it could load down the guitar signal.
okay, Im running a buffer beforehand and it fixed this issue, thanks!