Command line assembler

jfsantos

Re: Command line assembler

Post by jfsantos »

Is there any reason for not having an option to send a .hex file to RAM? I'm working on a VSCode extension for the FXCore and that could be useful.
Frank

Post by Frank »

Did not see a real need for it, you can program locations from a hex file which is useful in production.

Run from RAM was intended for development so it is assumed a user is using an external editor like notepad++ to write code and needs to assemble the changed code to test it but doesn't want to write the EEPROM so often that it begins to wear out.

While some people may use run from RAM in their end product they would include the assembled code from the write C array option in their controller code rather than the hex and have to have a hex file parser in their product.
mrdave45

Post by mrdave45 »

Hi,

Noob here. Im starting to look into dsp fx chips for an analogue synth Im developing and it seems the FV-1 and FXCore seem to be strong contenders. By the looks of it the FXCore is probably the better unit.

Ive downloaded the commandline editor and have been following the instructions but I don't seem to be able to find the FXCoreAsmUDL.xml

I've downloaded and installed the command line assembler v2 for use with notepad++ and I think the xml file is meant to be in the zip but I only have the following:

assemble.cmd
FXCoreCmdAsm.exe
HidSharp.dll
READ_ME.txt

Ive had a search through this forum and the UDL page here

https://github.com/notepad-plus-plus/us ... dl-list.md

but i couldnt find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Frank

Post by Frank »

My error, I missed putting it in the new V2.0 zip file. Just created a new one and posted it so d/l the new zip and the UDL file should be there.
Frank

Post by Frank »

New version for Intel and M1 based Macs up, syntax and build files for Sublime Text also posted.
sebxx4

Post by sebxx4 »

Will you develop dedicated assembler program like FXCore Assembler?
Frank

Post by Frank »

sebxx4 wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:02 am Will you develop dedicated assembler program like FXCore Assembler?
Do not understand question, FXCore assembler is an assembler.
sebxx4

Post by sebxx4 »

I mean this dedicated application called "FXCore Assembler": http://www.experimentalnoize.com/manual ... asm_V1.pdf
I found version 1.0.7 on the forum, but it little bit buggy.
Frank

Post by Frank »

No, we are no longer supporting that version only the command line version. Notepad++ is a superior editor so using that with the command line assembler is a better solution. Also allows people to write batch files to do production programming of products.
sebxx4

Post by sebxx4 »

So how will I know if my program eg. exceeds instructions limit?