ICP board

stanleyfx

ICP board

Post by stanleyfx »

Hi Frank, I have just populated a new fxcore based pedal as a test rig in addition to my EN dev board but I'm looking for the ISP programmer board. Are these available yet as at the moment I am just wiring the pedal up to the devboard to program the fxc dsp chip. It would be much easier if I can get my hands on one of the ISP boards. Profusion in the UK doesn't have them on the site but I have also sent them an email to see if they can get them. All ideas on how I can get hold of one is appreciated.

My first fully hand soldered fx core board just for reference.
Mick (Blue Nebula Design team)
Frank

Re: ISP board

Post by Frank »

Yes the ICP boards are available but not sure if Profusion has ordered any yet, will need to dig into the accounting s/w and run a report.

That is a clean looking board, what does it look like in an enclosure? Using all the POTs and switches?
stanleyfx

Post by stanleyfx »

Cheers Frank for the quick reply, I expect Profusion will get back to me after the weekend so I will know their standing on the ISP boards. If I can't get one from them will I be able to get one from you, if not, is it allowed for me me to build my own as it looks identical to the devboard ft260/eeprom usb part of the circuit with its own regulator of course.

My PCB design has headers for all 6 pots and some switches, a plug in top deck with for the controls is used which can have different configs ,so that all 6 pots or a combination of different pots switches etc. The Tap tempo button routed as well. The PCB's fit the standard 1590B enclosures so not every DSP pot/switch option can be included.

Added picture with one version of the top control deck which has 4 DSP pots, one analogue effect level pot, 8 position program selector and user0 LED, headers for taptempo and user1 LED is next to the footswitch. It's early days for features as it is the first working demo but results are good. it's just such a shame that Codecs are not available at the moment, I will need to revise a different codec as soon as the new ones are available.

This PCB is just a 2 layer board but the s/n ratio is extremely quiet.

Frank

Post by Frank »

If Profusion doesn't have any email me and we will work something out. Cannot allow you to build one as it uses our assigned VID/PID and we are not able to share that.

Makes sense to have a swappable top board for different configs.

Yeah CODECs are a real pain to get right now and AKM has EOL the 4556 and will replace it with the 4558 next year.
stanleyfx

Post by stanleyfx »

The VID/PID of the device is what i thought would be the stumbling block on building one myself so i completely understand that.

Nice to know about the 4558 codec, I have the datasheets for other codecs as well which seem to be ready sooner.
PhilHaw

Post by PhilHaw »

That's a fantastic piece of work Mick. You sure have crammed a lot into a very small enclosure size. :o

The swappable top-deck is a great idea too.

Philip
Philip Hawthorne

Blue Nebula Development Team
Frank

Post by Frank »

But the real question is are you having fun with the FXCore? Some cool new effects?
stanleyfx

Post by stanleyfx »

Frank wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:37 pm But the real question is are you having fun with the FXCore? Some cool new effects?
;)
stanleyfx

Post by stanleyfx »

Profusion Which is the the distributor for the EU region now have the ISP programmer boards in stock for any one who is looking for one.
sebotron

Post by sebotron »

Hi guys! Reviving this thread to ask if there was a datasheet of sorts for the ISP board? I'm specifically looking for the pinout of the output port so I can add a programming port to my pcb.

Thank you!