Development Board DLL Problem

PhilHaw

Re: Development Board DLL Problem

Post by PhilHaw »

Frank wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:19 am Mac command line assembler in beta so no more virtual needed, see topic on it viewtopic.php?f=10&t=116
Hi Frank,

I note in the Readme that you are no longer using the FT260 dll. Does the V2.0 CLA still work with the older DEV Boards that have the FT260 chip?

I just want to make sure before I update! (Using Notepad++ on Win 10)

Phil.
Philip Hawthorne

Blue Nebula Development Team
Frank

Post by Frank »

PhilHaw wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:24 am I just want to make sure before I update! (Using Notepad++ on Win 10)
All is good to update. The FT260 is an HID device so we have moved to using HIDSharp.dll (open source, Apache license) as we can compile it for use on Windows and OS X so both platforms are using all the same source code.

Added two new parameters (-re and -ee) to allow it to work with Sublime Text on Mac better.
PhilHaw

Post by PhilHaw »

Excellent!

Thanks Frank.

Phil.
Philip Hawthorne

PhilHaw

Post by PhilHaw »

Hi again Frank,

My Norton anti-virus is blocking/removing the FXCoreCmdAsm.exe file.

It gives the threat name Heur.AdvML.B. Threat type Heuristic Virus. Detection of a threat based on malware heuristics.

Norton tends to block a lot of .exe files if they are new and have few users known to the Norton community so yours may well be ok but one needs to be very careful!

Phil.
Philip Hawthorne

Frank

Post by Frank »

Thanks for letting me know. While the core of the assembler had few, if any, changes the USB part was completely redone to work with HIDSharp and work across platforms. It does do some platform checking to determine if running on Windows or OS X as they each return different strings when checking connected devices so the code needs to know what to look for, my guess is this is the issue as checking things like OS and processor is probably not a common thing to do.
PhilHaw

Post by PhilHaw »

I'm not even getting the chance to run the assembler as Norton is removing it when I try to extract the contents of the zip file!

I will do a bit more probing and see if I can find out any more.

Phil.
Philip Hawthorne

Frank

Post by Frank »

It has been a long time since I used Norton but I seem to recall it actually moved the files to a quarantine area I could then select them from and tell it that the file was actually OK and to ignore any issues. This is the issue with things like Norton, it is not seeing an actual virus it is seeing code that looks suspicious.
scmitche

Post by scmitche »

Frank wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:20 am Thanks for letting me know. While the core of the assembler had few, if any, changes the USB part was completely redone to work with HIDSharp and work across platforms. It does do some platform checking to determine if running on Windows or OS X as they each return different strings when checking connected devices so the code needs to know what to look for, my guess is this is the issue as checking things like OS and processor is probably not a common thing to do.
Hi Frank, Will it run OK in Win 10 32-bit as that laptop is my main FX-Core development platform with the FXC-Dev board permanently attached?
Thanks, Steve
PhilHaw

Post by PhilHaw »

That's correct Frank. It gives me the option to restore from the quarantine.

It actually seems to remove the .exe from the zip fie even before I try to open it!

Phil.
Philip Hawthorne

Frank

Post by Frank »

scmitche wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:54 am [Will it run OK in Win 10 32-bit as that laptop is my main FX-Core development platform with the FXC-Dev board permanently attached?
It should but I do not have a 32-bit computer to test on, give it a try and if there are any issues email the errors to us so we can try to recompile to address them.