Development board problem

stanleyfx

Re: Development board problem

Post by stanleyfx »

Ok, not to confuse the hub situation but that is not the issue for me , I never use hubs in any form all my connections to any USB device is always direct from the PC or laptop USB with a single USB cable.
Mick (Blue Nebula Design team)
PhilHaw

Post by PhilHaw »

stanleyfx wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:17 am Ok, not to confuse the hub situation but that is not the issue for me , I never use hubs in any form all my connections to any USB device is always direct from the PC or laptop USB with a single USB cable.
Same for me. Direct connection only
Philip Hawthorne

Blue Nebula Development Team
stanleyfx

Post by stanleyfx »

Hi Frank, is it possible to get a link to download the original V1 assembler, I have made a fresh install of Win10 ran all the updates and then installed the V1.06 assembler but the program will not open complaining about a missing .dll file from the program directory, which is actually there when I checked. If possible I would like to go back and try the first release of the assembler.
Cheers
Mick
Mick (Blue Nebula Design team)
Frank

Post by Frank »

Looks like I didn't keep a copy of 1.0.0 and overwrote it with 1.0.6

Should not make a difference as the installer did not change at all, just a few lines around the highlighting and paste things.
Frank

Post by Frank »

stanleyfx wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:31 pm I have made a fresh install of Win10 ran all the updates and then installed the V1.06 assembler but the program will not open complaining about a missing .dll file from the program directory, which is actually there when I checked.
Is it LibFT260.dll it is complaining about? Is it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Experimental Noize\FXCore Assembler ? I just want to make sure it is not a .NET dll or something else.

Is there any other FTDI based devices on the computer? Just wondering if it might be an issue with different versions of the dll or other FTDI files.
scmitche

Post by scmitche »

Hi Frank,
This is what I see in my installation directory on Win 10 32-bit
FXCore Assembler Help Compiled HTML Help File 25/05/2018
FXCoreASM Application 19/06/2020
FXCoreASM.exe XML Configuration file 09/08/2019
LibFT260.dll Application extension 06/09/2018
System.Net.Http.dll Application extension 20/06/2015

Only one instance of libFT260.dll found on my C: drive
There is another instance of System.Net.Http.dll much newer dated 17/12/2019 and used by
C:\ProgramFiles\WindowsApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftOfficeHub_18.2005.1191.0x86_8wekyb3d8bbwe
Hope this helps:

Steve
Frank

Post by Frank »

Are 2 getting a missing dll error or just 1? Mick stated he was but Steve listed his files. The file list looks correct. If you are getting a missing dll then which one does it say is missing?
PhilHaw

Post by PhilHaw »

I don't have a missing dll error. The Assembler folder contains the same files as Steve mentions. Same file dates except the LibFT260.dll is dated 07/09/2018 (possibly a typo by Steve?).

Phil.
Philip Hawthorne

Blue Nebula Development Team
scmitche

Post by scmitche »

Frank,
It's only Mick Taylor who was reporting a missing dll when trying to install the 1.06 Assembler system to a new Win 10 build. Mine works OK (ASM 1.06) as I said before providing I don't unplug it. It even connects next day and remains stable. Problems only arise for me if I remove the FXCore during a Windows session. I believe I am the only one running Win 10 32-bit as it was an upgrade from Win 7 32-bit.

Regards,
Steve
Frank

Post by Frank »

Let's move this to email so we can better track it. Use the support email address.